If you are up to date on your windows updates you may receive an error “An Error Has Occurred” in multiple areas of the PM application. We have determined that this is caused by an update by ADP AdvancedMD and Windows Update on 12/9/2014. Specifically the “Security Update for Microsoft Windows KB 3008923″ windows update. AdvancedMD is currently working with Microsoft to resolve this issue.
Currently the work around is to uninstall this specific windows update. Please keep in mind that the next time windows runs it’s updates, it is likely that this update will reinstall. It will be necessary to remove this update every time it re-installs. We do not recommend turning off automatic updates as you may miss other critical updates. (See below if you want to disable only this update)*
To remove the windows update please follow the directions below:
- Click on the Start Button.
- Click on Control Panel.
- From the Control Panel… Click on Programs and Features.
- From the Navigation pane on the left, click View installed updates.
- Scroll down the list or search for KB3008923. Select KB3008923
- Right click on KB3008923 and select Uninstall
- Restart your computer.
If you have problems completing these steps, please e-mail Technical Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 804-281-4400.
*It is possible to disable this update with the following instructions. You must have completed the above instructions first and restarted your computer. Please keep in mind that updates are an important part of security for your computer, so you will want to unhide the update once the issue is resolved.
1. Click on the Start Button.
2. Click on Control Panel.
3. From the Control Panel click on Windows Update.
4. From the Navigation pane on the left, click Check for updates. (This will take several moments to complete)
5. Once Download and install updates for your computer comes up, click on the link that tells you 1 (or more) important update is available. Do not click Install Updates.
6. In the list of updates, find the one labeled Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 11 ... (KB3008923). Right click this update and select Hide Update.
7. Click OK and your computer will no longer install this update.
To reverse this, complete steps 1-3 above, then click Restore Hidden Updates in the Navigation pane on the left. Check the box next to the update and click the Restore button.