AdvancedMD has made some changes to their EHR to help offices complete charge tickets. Here is a list of instructions on how you can easily choose and add ICD-10 codes to tickets. To complete this, you must make sure you open your chart note as a linked item to the appointment. Then, fill out your note as you normally would and follow these instructions to complete your charge ticket.
1. When in the Assessment and Plan section of your note, you will use the ICD selector to find codes. You can also select your CPT codes by clicking on the CPT selector.*
*The CPT selector allows you to search by CPT code, description, or select Chart Items. You should select your CPT codes here as well:
2. Once the ICD selector has opened, you can choose from 4 different methods to find ICD codes. In the search option, you can use descriptions or conditions to search, not just specific codes.
3. If your select from Pick Lists, Chart Items, or Problem List and those options contain ICD-9 codes, you will see a small arrow with the number "10" beside it. Clicking this will take you to the ICD-10 code which matches most closely to this ICD-9 code.
4. The following shows the result of clicking on the 10 from above. It shows you the ICD-9 to 10 conversion and vice versa. If the ICD-10 code can be refined further, you will see a down arrow to the left of it.
5. From here, you can filter your results by using the check boxes to the left and select the appropriate code by clicking it on the right.
6. Once you have selected your CPT and ICD-10 codes, you can click the "Copy" button to add them to the Diagnosis field in the chart note.
7. Finally, you must save your chart note before going to the Charge Slip. Once in the charge slip, you will need to change the Charge Slip Template to "From Linked Chart Items".
8. The resulting template will only contain those CPT and ICD codes which were chosen in the Assessment and Plan section of the note. This makes it easy to add them to the charge ticket without more searching.
9. Simply select the CPT and ICD codes to add them to the charge summary. Once complete, save and sign the ticket.